Every year, I clog my DVR at home with dozens of Christmas movies and specials that I just can't get enough of, I mean they do only come once a year. Here are a list of Christmas must sees according to yours truly.
10. The Year without a Santa Claus: I was literally shocked coming to college and most of my friends had not even heard of it, let alone saw this Christmas special. I mean this is "claymation" at its finest. I never can get enough of the Mr. Heat Miser and Mr. Snow Miser. Plus, Mickey Rooney voices a great Santa.
9. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town: Now this is just a classic. A story of how good old Kris Kringle got his start in the toy giving business. Not to mention the antagonist Burgermeister Meisterburger. An an evil warlock that eventually uses his powers for good thanks to Santa Claus.
8. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: There's not much I can say about this one that you don't already know, but watching it every year makes me nostalgic. How can you not think of your childhood when watching this classic.
7. Home Alone: "Buzz, your girlfriend WOOF!" This movie not only lived out every kid's dream or worst nightmare, it did so in a way that makes me still laugh even after the millionth time I have watched it.
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: This live action version of the Dr. Seuss classic quickly found its way into the hearts of everyone who saw
5. The Santa Clause: One of my favorites to watch. It definitely helps you to believe in the magic of Christmas.
4. Miracle on 34th Street: Because it is just a Christmas classic.
3. Elf: "Son of a Nutcracker" I think I have seen this movie about 500 times, and I still laugh every time. By far one of my favorite Christmas movies that I have to watch to get me into the Christmas spirit.
2. Christmas Vacation: This is a classic in my household ever since I can remember. "If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now." I could quote this movie for days, however, many of those quotes would get me in trouble for blog purposes.
1. Finally a movie that makes it feel like Christmas is It's a Wonderful Life. Most of my friends have not seen this movie, which is almost a crime. This classic tale of the down on his luck George Bailey will make you remember what Christmas is all about. "Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings"
There's my top 10 Christmas must sees! If you have any that you love be sure to let us know! We would love to check them out!