While there may be snow on the ground and ice covering the sidewalks, in three days I will be out of here. Away from this icy bitterness and off to the sunshine state. College spring breaks are starting all around the country and people are starting to look for that last minute steal of a plane ticket off to somewhere, where the water is crystal clear, the sand is white, the sky is blue, and the sun is shining. Here are the new top 10 spring break destinations according to U.S. News Travel....
- Miami Beach, Florida
- South Padre Island, Texas
- Cancun, Mexico
- Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Rico
- San Diego
- Cabo San Lucas
- Daytona, Florida
These destination hot spots, are filled with beautiful beaches, affordable hotels, hopping night clubs, and tasteful restaurants.
Although Spring Break is a lot of fun, and a great time to relax and party, there is a few tips you should keep in mind wherever you go.
- If you are driving to your destination, make sure you take turns with whoever is in the car to keep everyone awake and refreshed.
- Keep all of your belongings together, and never give someone your ID or passport that you are suspicious about.
- Where sunscreen, so you don't burn.
- When out at night, travel in packs and don't leave by yourself. Make sure your friends know where you are at all times.
- Watch out for the beach flag warnings, Red means NO.
- Just be smart and stay safe.
Spring break can be one of the best times of your life. If you make it just that. Enjoy your trip, take in the experience and remember all of it. Have fun in the sun, be safe, be smart, and enjoy Spring Break!