There is nothing like the up north. The untouched beauty of northern Michigan is one of the many wonders our state possess. From camping to cottage life, nothing can compare. I have had the privilege of growing up on the Lake. My grandparents own a cottage and we have been going up since the time I could walk. It is the one place in the world where time stops, and paradise sets in. The lake is a place where memories are made, and experiences are shared. The love and fun with friends and family that I have had growing up is indescribable. Here are 15 things that I have learned from my time at the cottage.
1. There is not tube ride you cannot survive
2. You learned how to drive a boat before you drove a car
3. Being on a boat when it starts to rain is pure torture
4. When the sun goes down, it is time for a fire
5. Fourth of July is the favorite holiday
6. Night time boat rides are the best
7. The sunsets are the most beautiful
8. Northern ice cream tastes so much better
9. The water is a playground for people and dogs
10. You will lose personal items to the lake
11. Pictures are inevitable
12. Golfing is an everyday morning activity
13. Views are breath taking.
14. There is no such thing as being inside.
15. It is home
There is nothing like our cottage. The memories made and times spent together are things we will cherish forever.
- Kyle Bell